made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Teaching Aprons- Created By Me

This Alphabet Apron is my pride and joy! I created it recently; It was A LOT of work but it was worth it and I'm sure you'll agree that it came out amazing.  I'll be working on a Math Apron next.  I can't wait to finish my internship so I can get back into a classroom and use them!

Alphabet Apron

I created this apron to be worn by teachers.  It is very easy to make, which makes it all the more appealing.  I created all of the animals/objects out of felt and the letters are silver, glitter iron-ons.  The apron is just an adult-sized apron which can be purchased at any craft store along with the iron-on letters and the felt.  Don't forget your glue gun! I don't know what I'd do without my handy-dandy glue gun! :)

Ideas for use:  Apron can be worn when going over the Alphabet, Word Wall Words, Alphabet Poetry, Singing Alphabet Songs, and especially if you use the AlphaTales books or the Frog Street Press "Sing & Read" Alphabet in your classroom.  Basically, any time you are doing ANYTHING that involves the use of the alphabet you can put on the apron and make the instruction all that more fun and appealing to students, plus they'll get a kick out of you wearing a silly apron!  

I am a big fan of AlphaTales, which is where I got the inspiration for this apron!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment