made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Saturday, March 24, 2012

I get by with a little help from my Bloggy Friends!

Hi Friends!

Sorry I haven't posted... this upcoming week is going to be total madness! So, if you can just bear with me for 1 more week, I promise it will be worth it.  I have loads of activities and pictures to post but I am having my final observation this week and trying to finish my Showcase Portfolio and Lesson Plan Binder, which I need to submit to my Seminar Instructor for my final grade. YIKES! Wish me luck.  Anywho, the reason I made this post is because I need a little help from my friends.  For the last couple of weeks there have been a couple of teachers who have made posts about a new site that they use that is similar to storylineonline.net and all I've heard are some great things about it... now, I know I made a note of it somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it.  I believe it started with an "S" but I can't be certain... supposedly, it has tons of stories that are read aloud with videos on the site... if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about please comment and let me know because to be honest... its driving me all kinds of crazy and bonkers! It is basically comparable to when you are trying to remember something (i.e. a movie title or song name) and for the life of you you can't remember it and it drives you crazy until you figure it out... y'all know what I mean?! Well, that is how I feel right now.  So, if anyone can help a sista out, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Happy Blogging!

P.S. Here's one activity that I did this week for Women's History Month.  We use the HM Reading Series and since we're getting our Sweeties ready for the S.A.T.  We decided to do the Biography section of the Reading Series.  So, I did this little activity with my Second Grade Sweeties after we read the Vocabulary Reader: A Biography of Faith Ringgold.  I even created a powerpoint to go with it, but here is the activity the kids completed.


For those of you who may not know who this important Woman is... Faith Ringgold is famous for writing complete books and stories onto quilts so... since the kiddos returned from Spring Break on Monday, I had them create their own quilt pattern with the story of what they did on their Spring Break and then I put them all together and voila! :)  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment