made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hold the Phone! Check out this AMAZING Dollar Tree Find

Hi y'all! Ok... so I know I've been M.I.A lately but I have had so much going on these last couple of months that it has been truly crazy.  First, let me say that I have so many new things to share {I just hope that between taking my LAST 2 classes before internship and then my actual internship that I will have time to post.} Bare with me my blogger friends because as soon as May rolls around I will have so much more time on my hands {fingers crossed} that I will be able to get back into the swing of things and hopefully I will be posting from my FIRST Elementary classroom EVER! {Just wanted to put that into the universe!}  So, anywho... I had to take a break today from my essay on FCAT reading... don't get me started on how much I hate the FCAT {can I get an amen!} that I decided to take a stroll in one of my favorite vacation spots THE DOLLAR TREE and can I just tell you that I found the most amazing thing I have yet to see in that store EVER! Check it out guys!  It's a Word Wall Spinner... how amazing is this for Literacy Stations and Word Work?! I can't tell y'all how I excited I was when I saw it! I liked it so much that I am thinking of getting at least 3 more so that I have an even 4 {one per student, since I plan on having 4 students in each center}.  Here's what it looks like...

Isn't it just the cutest?! I love the bugs!!! They had one with smiley faces, but I wasn't into that.  I love the faces on the bugs... I'm into the huge-eyed critters, they look so darling!  So, anyways I thought I would share this fabulous find and for those of you who can't read what is on the spinner I'll put it down below for y'all.  Stay tuned cause I might even upload some Recording Worksheets and some other spinners that I have working themselves out in my teacher brain!

  • Choose two words that end in the same letter.
  • Choose any word with a long vowel sound.
  • Choose any word and define it.
  • Choose any word and use it in a sentence.
  • Choose two words that start with the same letter.
  • Choose any  word with a short vowel sound.

Happy Shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment