made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou made by Leelou

Friday, April 15, 2011

Extreme Couponing Fanatic!


Oh. My. Word.  I am obsessed with TLC's new t.v. show "Extreme Couponing".  I cannot describe how excited I am about the savings I have seen and I must admit that I am trying to get my brain wrapped around the whole concept and am now trying to join in.  It's like the holy grail for teachers! We try to scrimp and save anywhere we can for our classrooms and now we have the chance to save even more at home! Which, in turn, means that we will have MORE money to spend in Dollar Tree and Target Dollar Spot!!! Ha! :) I am so thrilled that this t.v. show has come out... my only concern is that markets and manufacturer's will find a loop hole and mess things up (if you've been watching the show you'll notice how some stores are not allowing "doubling" of coupons anymore).  For now, I have set up my DVR to record ALL of the episodes so that I can watch them over and over again to figure out the strategies that they use! I am first to admit that I have a lot of obsessions... but THIS one is by far the best one because it puts money back into my savings, and Lord knows we could ALL use some savings in this economy and with the hit that educators are beginning to take now.  Are there any Couponers (is that even a word?!) out there in blog land???

1 comments:

Amy said...

oh yeah! I've been using coupons for years now. Never really knew some of the secrets until then. I don't save as much as those on the TLC show but yesterday I saved over 75 bucks!

I only cut out the coupons of things I Know we will use or eat. I also typically stock up like crazy on cereal and meats when sale is right. I currently have a freezer packed with chicken because my local store had a buy 1 get 2 free sale. I don't use a clipper service either. I just typically buy 2 papers each sunday and print coupons online.

amy

Post a Comment